ADVANCED GI TOPICS WITH DR. LISA SHAVER HAS BEEN POSTPONED.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
WE DO NOT HAVE A RESCHEDULED SEMINAR DATE YET AVAILABLE.
IN THE MEANTIME, REGISTRANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND REGISTRATION FEES WILL BE REFUNDED.
Please contact Michelle at [email protected] if you have any questions!
- Attendees will recognize the broad variety of symptoms that are known as celiac disease (CD), both classical and atypical
- Attendees will choose the appropriate laboratory test(s) in a clinical setting
- Attendees will diagnose celiac disease and appropriately refer for endoscopy
- Attendees will offer treatments to restore health and well being to their patients
- Attendees will know the pharmaceutical options available shortly.
- Attendees will have resources to help your patients live a gluten-free lifestyle easily and healthfully.
- Attendees will recognize the broad variety of symptoms that are known as non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS).
- Attendees will order the appropriate laboratory tests or challenge/withdrawal protocol and diagnose NCGS.
- Attendees will offer treatments to restore health and well-being to their patients.
- Attendees will recognize symptoms of wheat allergy (WA), order appropriate tests, and offer treatment and education to the patient on living a wheat-free life.
- Attendees will have resources to help their patients live a gluten-free lifestyle easily and healthfully.
Increased Intestinal Permeability
- Attendees will recognize the variety of symptoms that are attributed to increased intestinal permeability (IIP)
- Attendees will order appropriate tests to diagnose IIP.
- Attendees will offer treatments to restore the intestinal lining.
Lisa Shaver, ND, LAc has a passionate interest in digestive disorders with expertise in celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity. Other interests include hormonal imbalances, autoimmune conditions, and neurotransmitter imbalances. Since 2012 Dr Shaver co-teaches NUNM’s Advanced Gastroenterology course’s celiac disease/NCGS modules and teaches Gastroenterology at OCOM and has taught the Advanced Gastro courses at Bastyr University. Dr. Shaver lectures at the AANP, SIBO Conferences, NUNM, AZNMA, amid other national events. She is the Gluten Intolerance Group of Portland branch manager since 2008. She co-founded Hive Mind Medicine in Portland, OR.