- Provide an in depth understanding of what the microbiome is and what the research is exploring it both pre-clinically and clinically.
- Review environmental factors including xenobiotics, nutrition, and preservatives impact the microbiome health
- Apply the microbiome science of clinical practice for patients with chronic disease. Eg, FMT use in C. diff
- Section 1 – 45 minutes: History of microbiology and the evolution of pre-clinical and clinical research in the microbiome.
- Section 2 – 45 minutes: An overview of current microbiome research with a specific focus on clinical therapeutics. Outline of environmental factors that impact the microbiome.
- Section 3 – 30 minutes: Nutrition and the microbiome.
2 hours General CE (CE credit expires 9/31/2020)
NOTE: Originally recorded for ND curriculum.
|Module 1||Approaches to Human Health via the Microbiome|
|Unit 2||Unit 1|
|Unit 3||Unit 2|
|Unit 4||Unit 3|