The GastroANP Borborygmus Award is given annually at PreCon to a naturopathic physician who has significantly contributed to the field of naturopathic medicine and/or naturopathic gastroenterology.
Award recipients are noted authors, professors, speakers, founding persons of the profession, etc.
Award recipients receive a personalized plaque recognizing their achievement and their achievements are highlighted in the GastroANP newsletter.
Borborygmus Award recipients also receive a lifetime GastroANP membership.
2020 Award Recipient
Dr. Eric L Yarnell, ND, RH (AHG)
* Has been practicing for over 23 years.
* Has 21 years teaching experience at multiple colleges and universities in the United States and abroad.
* Is a frequent presenter at educational seminars around the U.S. and beyond.
* Published over 150 articles and several textbooks.
* Mentors student doctors in the fields of natural gastroenterology, urology, nephrology, men’s health, and herbal medicine.
* Is a two-time recipient of the NMSA Faculty of the Year award, 2018 and 2020.
* Is a past recipient of the AANP Vis award, 2014.
2019 Award Recipient
Dr. Steven Sandberg-Lewis, ND, DHANP
* Has been practicing for almost 40 years.
* Is a professor at the National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, OR.
* Mentors student doctors in the field of Natural Gastroenterology.
* Is a frequent presenter at educational seminars around the US and beyond.
* Authored and co-authored multiple articles, webinars, and is frequently interviewed on digestive health topics.
* Has a regular column in the Townsend Letter.
* Authored, in 2017, the medical textbook, Functional Gastroenterology: Assessing and Addressing the Causes of Functional GI Disorders.