Updates in Gastroenterology:
What Primary Providers Need to Know!
with Gregory Bernstein, MD
- Collaborative approach to high quality care
- Overview of colon cancer screening, the best ways to do that, and it’s importance in preventing and identifying colon cancer
- Update with other important topics in the realm of GI
- Overview of hemorrhoids and common treatments
- When to refer patients to a gastroenterologist and how to go about that
- Q & A with Dr. Andrea McBeth
- Describe the research relating to colon cancer screening.
- Apply knowledge of when to refer patients for colonoscopy.
- Identify colon cancer risks in a patient population with chronic GI issues.
Gregory Bernstein, M.D. is a Washington State Licensed and Board Certified physician in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He currently practices at Seattle Gastroenterology Associates with offices in the neighborhoods of Fremont and Northgate.
Special interests and training within GI include general gastroenterology, colon cancer screening, inflammatory bowel diseases including Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis, painless and nonsurgical procedures (IRC) to treat hemorrhoids, obesity management, and nutrition. He is proficient in Medical Spanish.
He has authored several articles in gastroenterology journals on topics including obesity and inflammatory bowel disease. Dr. Bernstein is a member of the American Gastroenterological Association, American College of Gastroenterology, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the Association of Bariatric Endoscopy.